- Scope of this Policy
This Policy covers information collected by us through our Website and Services and details the Personal Information (as defined later herein) that we process and collect from visitors to our Website, users completing registration forms on our Website, service providers and third parties who perform functions for us, individuals who are our employees or authorized contractors, and job applicants.
- Who We Are
We are the purveyors of an online platform for the posting of technology jobs and serve as an intermediary between job seekers and employers. Some of these services may require individuals to create accounts to use our Website or Service.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we may be deemed a data controller (as defined under GDPR) as it relates to any Personal Data shared in connection with your use of our Website and Services, as applicable. By visiting, joining, or using our Website and Service, or otherwise indicating that you agree to this Policy, you agree to, and authorize our use of your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
- What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that may directly or indirectly identifies or relates to a particular individual, or as otherwise may be defined under applicable law. For the purposes pf this Policy, “personal data” and “personal information” shall be defined as one in the same. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and online identifiers.
- How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing our Service to you, including allowing you to create a profile and connect with other users or employers, and providing related support;
- Analyzing, administering, and improving the Service;
- Processing payment information;
- Enabling secure use of the Service;
- Sending Communications (as later defined herein), information about our Website and Service, newsletters, updates, and marketing and promotional materials about our Service and our customers;
- Responding to inquiries or reports of misconduct;
- Enforcing our Terms of Service;
- Protecting our rights or our property;
- Sending or facilitating communications from, between, or on the behalf of our customers and users of our Website and Service;
- Meeting legal obligations; and
- For other purposes related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information, including as descried in Section 5 herein or as mutually agreed by you in writing.
- Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
- Information that You Provide Us
In various places on the Website and within the Service, we may request information from you via forms. The exact information that collect (including Personal Information) may depend on the purpose of the form. For example, when you sign up to create an account, we will ask for your name, email address, date of birth, title, resume, and company name. You will also have the opportunity to complete your profile information (e.g., your interests, occupation) and to submit live and prerecorded video through the Service. If you want to subscribe to the Service, we will also collect payment information (which is processed securely through a third-party payment processor).
We will indicate whether a particular field of information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide the requested Service.
- Information We Automatically Collect from You
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Service:
- Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable the transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Service may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps.”
We use analytics information to help us improve, troubleshoot, and enhance our Website and Service.
- Log File Information
When you use our Service, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Service), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Service, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Service to help secure the Service by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Service to improve the Service’s function and content.
- Information from Outside Sources
We may use information that you provide to us, including Personal Information, to search for publicly available information or information from external sources about you to enhance your experience with the Service, improve the Service, or for our own internal business purposes. Additionally, we may also collect, obtain, or supplement your Personal Data from third parties who license it to us or otherwise provide it to us. This may include information provided through telephone, mailings, or events, from customers, vendors, suppliers, third parties, or commercially available sources (e.g., data brokers, data aggregators, public databases, etc.). For example, if you associate your account with the Service using your existing social media profile (e.g., Facebook or LinkedIn), we may use the publicly available information from your social media profile to enhance your account profile with us. Further, we may contract with a third-party partner or affiliate to contact you by email or telephone to determine if you would be interested in certain content or engagements.
- De-identified or Aggregated Information
We may use industry-standard methods to de-identify and/or aggregate your Personal Information so that your Personal Information no longer reasonably identifies you (“De-identified Information”), and use reasonable and appropriate technology to minimize the risk of re-identification. We may use De-identified Information for any purpose.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose Personal Information except as set forth in this Policy or with your consent. Specifically, we do not sell Personal Information. This section describes to whom we disclose Personal Information and for what purposes:
- Our Service Providers and Analytics Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating the Service or providing our products and services. For example, we engage third parties to provide analytics services, infrastructure hosting, enable video communication between users, communicate with you, customer service, and payment processing. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Service, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Vital Interests, Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose the information that we collect where we believe that it is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of any person, or to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or as may be required by applicable law.
- Legal Compliance and Public Safety: We may share your Personal Information when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) enforce our agreements, (c) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (d) protect the security or integrity of our services; or (e) exercise or protect the rights and safety of our members, personnel, or others. We may attempt to notify members about legal demands for their Personal Information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
- Other ways in which you specifically consent. We may share the information that we collect in other ways that you specifically consent.
- How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We protect the confidentiality and security of information we obtain in the course of business. We use commercially reasonable safeguards, such as industry-standard encryption technology, to help keep the information collected through the Service (including credit card information, as applicable) secure. We will only retain your Personal Information for so long as we reasonably need to use it for the purposes set forth herein unless a longer retention period is required by law.
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we collect, store, transfer, and process Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection law, including where it is necessary to provide our Website and Services, to perform the services, or to perform obligations under contract. Personal Information shared with us may be transferred and processed outside of the European Economic Area and the UK (together, “Europe”). We will protect your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy wherever it is processed.
We endeavor to ensure that the parties with whom we provide Personal Information hold it subject to appropriate safeguards and controls. Whenever we transfer your Personal Information out of Europe, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented: (a) we may transfer your Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data by the European Commission; or (b) where we use service providers outside Europe, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission, which give Personal Data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Information. you may request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to request that we complete or update any records and information we hold about you in our files and databases. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. you may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information and we will do so in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it (we may not delete your data when other interests outweigh your right to deletion, for example if we are required by law to keep it). If we have shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Information. You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Information or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we have shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information. We will provide to you, or a third party that you have chosen with your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent. This right only exists where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to the certain specific functionalities of our Website, Products, and Services. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Information and we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing we may continue.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Information, including profiling, which produce a significant legal effect on you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us, or with your explicit consent.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your Personal Information, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
In addition to the foregoing, if you would like to otherwise access, update, or delete Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to info@Robots.Jobs.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law. Typically, you will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights); however, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Please note that we may need to request specific information or action from you to validate your request and to confirm your identity.
We strive to handle matters to your satisfaction internally. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy in relation to your Personal Information, please contact us at. info@Robots.Jobs.com. We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can. If you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, please note that under GDPR, you may contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
- Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
With your permission, we may send notifications, promotions, or other information via email or text message (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. Please note that certain Service-related Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Service (e.g., to verify the phone number associated with your account) and you may not have the ability to opt-out of those Communications. Please note that opting out of certain communications, including marketing emails, as applicable, will not prevent you from receiving necessary emails relating to purchases or subscription renewals in connection with your purchases.
- Personal Information Transferred from the U.S.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Website and Service is not intended for children. Our business is not directed at children, and we do not solicit or knowingly collect data relating to such children. Children under the age of thirteen (13) are expressly prohibited from using the Service. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information without consent, please contact us via the information provided below.
- Other Websites and Services, Including Social Media
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Service, including the information or content contained within them. A link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties. For the purposes of EU law, these third parties are independent controllers of data.
- Changes to This Policy
- Your California Privacy Rights
The state of California provides its residents with certain rights concerning their Personal Information. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This section describes how you may exercise your rights for Personal Information that we collect through the Website and offline.
- Categories of Personal Information Subject to California Privacy Rights
In accordance with California law, we have collected (through the Website and offline) the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
- Information that you provide as part of a transaction, including phone numbers, credit or debit card numbers, insurance policy number (if engraved), and other information (if provided by you) specified in Cal. Civ. Code s. 1798.80(e);
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or other purchasing histories;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website;
- Geolocation data and other electronic data collected through your use of the Website or interaction with emails we send you; and
- Information used to create a profile reflecting your preferences or behavior on the Website.
Information is Disclosed for a Business Purpose
Categories of Services Provider to whom Information is Disclosed
Information is Disclosed for Valuable Consideration
A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information
Advertisers, Social Media partners, IT providers
Internal Use Only
C. Commercial Information
D. Internet or Network Activity
Advertisers, Social Media Partners, IT providers
E. Geolocation Information
Advertisers, Social Media Partners, IT providers
E. Inferences Drawn from Personal Information
Internal Use Only
We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary to provide their services and as otherwise described in Section 4, above.
- Your California Privacy Rights
In accordance with California law, California consumers may exercise the following rights with respect to their Personal Information:
- Access: You have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
- Erasure: You have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law; (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of Personal Information to third parties, if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law. As noted in Section 9, we enable advertisers to collect certain information from the Website, which the advertisers may use to improve their interest-based advertising networks. Regardless of whether this is a “sale,” you may opt-out of interest-based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-out page or YourAdChoices, provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Exercising Your California Privacy Rights
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to info@Robots.Jobs.com or call us at (617) 733-5298. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your California privacy rights.
While we take measures to ensure that those responsible for receiving and responding to your request are informed of your rights and how to help you exercise those rights, when contacting us to exercise your rights, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Specify which right you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another consumer, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such consumer’s behalf.
- Help Us Verify Your Identity: Provide us with information to verify your identify. For example, provide us (at a minimum) your email address. If your email address appears in our records, we may contact you to help confirm that you are making the request. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
- Direct Our Response Delivery: Please provide us with an email or mailing address through which we can provide our response. If you make the request by email, unless otherwise requested, we will assume that we can respond to the email address from which you made the request.
In addition, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our Users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information set forth below.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or the Service, please email us at info@Robots.Jobs. or write us at 437 D Street, 7E Boston, MA 02210
Last Updated: October, 22, 2021